300 yard test

mr.big

got a zero at 100 yards with the 80 gr Berger VLD and 24 grs Varget,I havent chronied it yet so I just put 2700 fps in the computer and went with it,,dialed in 19 clix and shot the last three shells I had loaded at 300 yards.

WW brass
CCI 400 primers
80 gr Berger VLD
24 grs Varget
2.420 OAL

1.15 inch three shots @ 300 yards

eric414.jpg

eric415.jpg

mr.big

with all you get for the money,,it may be the best deal I have ever got on a gun.

came with steel rings,and the trigger is awesome,,when you set it you need to be ready to shoot,

280longshot

Dang that makes me want to go to the range something badly. I wish I could shoot off my porch, there wouldn't be anything crossing my fields.

mr.big

280longshot said:
Dang that makes me want to go to the range something badly. I wish I could shoot off my porch, there wouldn't be anything crossing my fields.

I had to stop shooting more than once today,,there is an oak dropping acorns in the fence row behind the 100 yard target that deer have been under all day.

mr.big

megalomaniac said:
Wow, and the barrel isn't even broken in yet!

I cleaned between the first 5 shots,,then shot 5 and cleaned,then shot 5 and cleaned,,

I got very little if any copper fouling even from the first couple shots,,

it took me a couple hours getting the grease they put in the bore from the factory out before shooting the first round..

I shot the last 23 rounds and cleaned it again and I am not sure if there was any green on the patches,,

I plan on loading the 70 or so of the Bergers left with the 24 grs Varget,,then after I shoot those I am gonna work on a serious long range load,,

more than likely the 75 AMax,with the .435 BC and better stability and maybe 2800 fps,would really fill the bill I am shooting for,,

redblood

no doubt in my mince czs are the best guns on the market. light trim, excellent fit and finish, superb bluing and incredible accuracy. plus, nice walnut for what most companys charge for plastic.

Latest posts