30 Super Carry

DaveTN

I don't get it either
I suspect, and this is merely a wild azz guess on my partā€¦. ;)

S&W had problems with the EZ when it was in .380. They were plagued with failures to eject. The owners of some of these guns desperately tried to blame magazines, springs and everything elseā€¦except the gun and the .380 round.

As we have seen the .380 has a large following. They were willing to pay crazy prices for .380 ammo prior to CRB. Old people, recoil sensitive people, men thinking their wife or girlfriend would like guns better with a .380. And those are legit applications.

But the .380 round is a POS, no matter how hard you want it not to be; a turd is a turd. The youngsters of today claim "todays innovations in ammo has made the .380 a good round." These are the same youngsters that claim the Hydra-Shok is "old technology". šŸ¤£ That's fine, take that round, claim some changes, give it a new name (HST) and all is still good in the world.

By beefing up the power of a .380 maybe it can actually, reliably, run the action in some of these larger heavier guns. Maybe.

Will the difference between the recoil of it and a 9mm be enough to sway folks away from the .380 as an alternative to a 9mm? We shall see. Apparently they think it will.

backyardtndeer

a turd is a turd
lol. Old expression fits, you can polish a turd, and it is still a turd.šŸ¤£

Been getting a lot of emails on the new super special .30 sc. Unless I am missing something, it has no ballistic advantage over a 9 mm. So, the only advantage is in lesser recoil?

I do need a new pistol though, torn between a few I have been looking hard at, but whatever I end up with will be a in 9.

DaveTN

Unless I am missing something, it has no ballistic advantage over a 9 mm. So, the only advantage is in lesser recoil?
Not even less recoil, I missed the FAQ the first time I looked at it. They are comparing a 100 grain 30 SC to 124 grain 9mm and claiming more penetration and velocity, less expansion and energy, 2 extra rounds in the same size 10 round 9mm mag.

"Question: How does felt recoil compare to 9mm Luger?
Answer: Recoil, flash and sound report provide a very similar shooting experience to 9mm Luger"

I would think under the current conditions ammo availability alone would kill this idea. Will they have a few boxes of ammo available to sell you when you buy a gun? šŸ¤£

I'm not a 9mm guy, but I think it will be the first handgun ammo to come back online in quantity.

Displaced_Vol

I saw one of these in a LGS just a couple days ago and was going to post here asking about it.
I'm the farthest thing from an expert in ballistics or handguns for that matter but my initial reaction was "why for?"
If we were talking about 10 rounds vs 15 or so with similar performance it may be more appealing but 10 vs 12 doesn't get me that excited to buy a new gun and have to find ammo for it in todays climate.

MODEL7FAN

after having many pistols and carrying the last 23 years. I carried 45 and 9's and decided the good ole 9 is the best all around carry. The 30 super will never reach anywhere close to the 9. Not interested at all

Latest posts