30-30 ammo

Gravey

What ammo do y'all like in your 30-30's? Never had one but picking one up from a member here in a couple weeks and wondering what folks are shooting out of them. In my .243 and .270 I shoot Federal Fusions and like them and see they have a 150-grain in them.

ScLowCountry

Any ammo you buy that is standard sp and 150-170gr will do the trick. Put the bullet where it counts and you will have meat in the freezer.

I shoot Winchester super x or Hornady American whitetail

Last edited:

Chickenrig

I shoot core lokts but i wanted to see what the buzz was about those leverrevolutions was all about . I bought a box and went to shootin. Holy sheeeeeet them things shot 14" high at 100 yrds and didn't group worth a sheeeeeet either . I couldn't adjust the elevator enough to get em in the center . Needless to say the remainder of the box is in the closet with all the other expierimental ammo .
In summary ….. stick with what works 🧐

ADR

tnanh

I shoot core lokts but i wanted to see what the buzz was about those leverrevolutions was all about . I bought a box and went to shootin. Holy sheeeeeet them things shot 14" high at 100 yrds and didn't group worth a sheeeeeet either . I couldn't adjust the elevator enough to get em in the center . Needless to say the remainder of the box is in the closet with all the other expierimental ammo .
In summary ….. stick with what works 🧐
I have had the same experience in two different lever 30-30s. They do shoot well in my sons 45-70. 150 grain power points for me but I have a new single shot that really seems to like the 170 grain power points.

Latest posts