25 crap show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcalder

Read above ^. At the time, a 120 was as heavy as could be found in .25 cal. A 117 gr Sierra SBT, 52gr of IMR 4831 and a Fed 215 would give groups you carried around in your wallet.
Like I said, Im not knocking, just asking what the gain is over a 25/06.
At the end of the day, the difference, is none. I wanted a short, compact rifle. I have no complaints of either of the 25-06 I have owned. Just wanted something different, kid friendly, and shooting heavies.

Remi

A 20" custom 25-06 barrel would get the same velocity as the 25cm probably

Your factory 25-06 would send the 134's sideways into the abyss because it won't stabilize them because they factory twist is too slow

Last edited:

Huntaholic

At the end of the day, the difference, is none. I wanted a short, compact rifle. I have no complaints of either of the 25-06 I have owned. Just wanted something different, kid friendly, and shooting heavies.
Thank you! Like I said, I wasnt knocking, I was just asking questions! Im ALWAYS in the market for something new and better, but its got to ber a noticable step up from what I already have or have played with.

nso123

Short actions are also known to be less finicky about feeding rounds. You also generally get better shoulder angles which can help with accuracy. Now, if you built a 7or 8 twist 25-06 it might be interesting.

Tenntrapper

The short action part is about as important to me as the difference between a navel orange and a tangelo. Lets suppose it ends up being 10 gr less powder than a 25/06. So for every 6 shots you gain a shot. Ok, but powder isnt THAT scarce yet.
Which brings me to my next hypothetical question: what will a 25/06 do with those latest, greatest 134gr pills? Could I not go to a slightly slower powder and equal or better the creedmoor ballistics? In the end, I think it all boils down to short action vs. long and moving the bolt and extra .75 or so isnt a big deal to me.
It's a Tikka action....so "long action" anyway.
Take 90% of the cartridges available today, and there's not a nickels difference out to 500 yards. Out to 1000, it starts opening the gap. And that's nothing you don't already know.
Better be careful saying chit like that. Me saying it cost me a couple friends....and I'm sure got me green striped by even more.

Tenntrapper

The one claim that just makes me scratch my head is how the 6.5cm is magically inferior to anything else out there.
Dunno, I never said it was. You just took it that way. Anything not blowing sunshine up the CMs azz must be an insult!! What I said was....it's no magic wand. Inside 500 yards, it's no better/worse than anything else. My argument was NEVER that the 6.5s dont shine farther out. But most of us will never realize that...as we don't hunt at those ranges. I think you posted something similar to that comment just above....which is what lead to this exchange. When I said it....I was the "uninformed". Just look at your comment about the 243/7mm-08s. Since you have now jumped on the 25CM bandwagon, might as well throw in the 25 Souper.

Huntaholic

Dunno, I never said it was. You just took it that way. Anything not blowing sunshine up the CMs azz must be an insult!! What I said was....it's no magic wand. Inside 500 yards, it's no better/worse than anything else. My argument was NEVER that the 6.5s dont shine farther out. But most of us will never realize that...as we don't hunt at those ranges. I think you posted something similar to that comment just above....which is what lead to this exchange. When I said it....I was the "uninformed". Just look at your comment about the 243/7mm-08s. Since you have now jumped on the 25CM bandwagon, might as well throw in the 25 Souper.
You just HAD to go there didnt you! :D IMO, the 6.5 cant hold a 7 mag a light to go by, the 300 win blows it away, not to mention what the 300 ultra does in comparison. Forget about recoil, Im strictly talking about ballistics and flat shooting. To your comment about shining farther out, HAHAHAHAHAHA! Any of the above mentioned calibers will kick its arse and take its lunch money. And YES I have shot all of them at distances.

Huntaholic

Go crap on someone else's thread. Good grief. I bought what I wanted, and will enjoy it. And I hope someone else enjoys my journey.
Well EXCUSE THE HELL OUT OF ME! Threads have a tendency to evolve that way ya know. They start out as one thing then evolve into something else entirely. BUT never fear, thanks to the miraculous green stripe, you wont ever have to worry about me shatting on any of your threads ever again! Good day kind sir! and welcome to the list!

Remi

Go crap on someone else's thread. Good grief. I bought what I wanted, and will enjoy it. And I hope someone else enjoys my journey.

What you really need is a good rail gun. Don't take recoil, weight or the fact that you'll probably need a Naval Destroyer to use it because it shoots flat and that's all that matters. Lol

Tenntrapper

Well for me personally...I never meant to crap on anyone's thread. But why not just leave it as..."I bought what I wanted, and will enjoy it", like you just stated? I'm good with that. Heck, I do the same thing and you know it.
With the 6.5CM, it's always....but, but, but. It's short action, I can find ammo, it's this, it's that. Now with this one....oh, it's not as fast as a 25/06, but it shoots heavier bullets. Well...a Swede shoots heavier bullets than a CM!! But it's not short action! So, neither is that Tikka!! Well I can find ammo for the 6.5CM, try to find it for the Swede!! Hey, try to find it for that 25CM!! Every argument you had FOR the 6.5 is now working against the 25CM. Guess what else...the 25wssm has a longer neck than that CM. It's short action. It also has that "short fat" powder column fad going for it. Where is it now? Oh yeah...I remember. The 25/06 is faster....Im all about speed. Speed kills!! Remember any of that?
And another thing...you intentionally shot light bullets in it... because speed kills!! Well guess what? The 243 win is faster than the ARC. I know...now we're onto heavies. Guess speed no longer kills?
I personally don't give a yugo what you shoot...or why, but you have gone in a complete circle on this....the very thing you blasted me about, and threw our friendship away over, you are now defending. If you can't see that, then whatever. Absolutely none of it has any bearing on deer hunting in this state for 99.9 percent of hunters anyway.
If your argument is that either is a better bench gun, fine...whatever. But you won't find many 20" barreled, lightweight, bench guns out there, so....
Good luck with your project.... seriously. But stay off my ass when I don't drink the Hornady Kool aid!!

Remi

Man you guys need to seek help. Lol

It's seriously sad. I'm not sure if you were picked on in school by someone with the last name Creedmoor or what.

The only people that started making comparisons are the two that have schit all over this thread.

MUP

I bought what I wanted and can shoot the nutz off a squirrel at distance with it. I'm happy. 😊

celebs GIF

I think I'm going to see about trade-marking this gif. 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts