243 or slug gun

kasey

if you were going to get a new gun which one would you get?20 or 12.single shot or not.which gun and set up to go with it?lets say you were going to hunt deer or hogs.

kc4sox

This is a no brainer for me. I have used the 243 exclusively for over 20 yrs. I have never lost a deer and all have piled up within 40 yrds max. I have even killed ( and I know i'm gonna hear it) Elk with it with the same results. Get a well constructed bullet put it where it belongs, realize the rounds limitations and you'll never regret buying a 243.The best thing about it is you can use it for groundhogs in spring and summer and become very proficient with your rifle.

"Beware the man that has one gun and knows how to use it"

Savageone

You could try a Stevens in 243, same as Savage and it will be dead on accurate, less than $300. I would go for that before a single shot, tried a Handi rifle previously and wouldn't go that route again.

REN

bolt action Savage you can find for fairly cheap and they shoot dead on. they are not the prettist gun the the world but you cannot ask for a better shooting firearm. Rem 700 are also FANTASTIC guns.

Latest posts