22mag drops another yote

slim

Another dirt nap with the 22mag. I did 2 sets right before dark. I didn't call up any on the first set but this male came charging in on the second. He stopped at around the 50yrd mark and I hit him dead in the chest and it was lights out. As bad as I hate using Rim fire I love the challenge of having to get them in close for the kill.
c73ea8f2a289a5173fb65b793b46d0b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

slim

greygoose":1vazzqic said:
Congrats slim.thats got to be around 112 or so? Keep up the good work
Started the count over when deer season opened. Ended up with 113. I'm at 5 for the new season

Wildcat

What ammo are you using in the 22 mag?

At places like LBL we have to use what's legal for the "game open at the time" like squirrel season . That means we can't use anything over 22 mag and no shotgun shell over BB's.

I use Hornady Critical Defense 22 WMR pushing 45 GR FTX bullet and keep all my shots under 75 yards with most being 50 yards and under. So far I've only lost 2 coyotes in the last 2 years shooting this.

slim

Wildcat":9re8r0b8 said:
What ammo are you using in the 22 mag?

At places like LBL we have to use what's legal for the "game open at the time" like squirrel season . That means we can't use anything over 22 mag and no shotgun shell over BB's.

I use Hornady Critical Defense 22 WMR pushing 45 GR FTX bullet and keep all my shots under 75 yards with most being 50 yards and under. So far I've only lost 2 coyotes in the last 2 years shooting this.
I usually don't ever hunt them during bow season because of having to use rimfire. This year I did and I've shot 5 with the 22 mag. Killed 4 and lost one. The 4 that I killed was all chest shots the one I lost I shot behind the shoulder. I was using CCI hollowpoints

ROVERBOY

I used to work with a guy that used .22 mag. some on coyote. He talked like he had good luck with it too. Nice coyote!