22LR ?

mike243

300wm works when you don't have a 22 handy

Attachments

• 34169D0A-5BA7-4FCE-9A0F-642284CE4DF9.jpeg
    34169D0A-5BA7-4FCE-9A0F-642284CE4DF9.jpeg
    751.1 KB · Views: 62

skipperbrown

Start thinking about a suppressor. Your neighbors will thank you and more importantly, your ears will thank you (and your family will thank you for not turning up the tv to max when you are 65 and saying, huh? 50 times a day). If you order one now, it will be here by hunting season next fall. Think of it as a muffler for your centerfire.

Harold Money jr

We've killed and recovered 5 with .22lr from 12' to 50yds. We've lost 3 more. If you don't see them fall or luck up and walk up on em they're gone. They usually run about 40yds with a chest hit and obviously drt with a brain shot. They're dead either way. We usually hunt in thick areas where recovery is harder. The ones I've shot with .17hmr 20gr xtp's don't go near that far and are dead in a few steps if not in their tracks. I've killed em from 100yds and in with the .17.

LY

Start thinking about a suppressor. Your neighbors will thank you and more importantly, your ears will thank you (and your family will thank you for not turning up the tv to max when you are 65 and saying, huh? 50 times a day). If you order one now, it will be here by hunting season next fall. Think of it as a muffler for your centerfire.
ATF has the new eForm up and running, expected wait is supposed to be around 90 days from here on.

DC219

Marginal at the best. A head shot would risk getting a glancing hit on the skull. I never take a head shot at at squirrel for that reason. Skull is rounded and would be like shooting at a bowling ball. Ricochet City!
Crossbow, maybe?
I second this. A couple of years ago I shot a coyote I caught in a snare on the edge of my yard. I shot him in the head with a .22, dropping him instantly, only to have him come back to life in my arms as I was carrying him across the driveway to the garage. It jumped from my arms and ran into the woods, mere yards from my wife, who was filling her bird feeder. She saw him go by and said "oh, you decided to let him go?"

backyardtndeer

Let me see……. Coyotes eat fawns and adult deer alive until they die. So why are some of you worried IF a coyote will "suffer". Throw the lead at them and save a fawn!
I was told a story about a hunter that would deliberately gut shoot a yote. Their goal was for the dying yote to cry and draw in more. While I have never tried it myself, it may be a tactic that would work. I could care less if yotes suffer, nature is cruel.

Omega

Why would anyone intentionally make an animal suffer? Sure, they are considered varmints, and they should be culled to keep the balance, but they are not deserving of such death. They do not kill for sport, they kill for survival, and yes, maybe their prey do suffer, but that is nature, I am sure if they had the means to kill swiftly they would to keep them from getting injured or maimed in the act.

Hunter79

You have your opinion and I will keep mine.my 6 month old beagle pup while running solo didn't deserve to be killed and eatin on before I could get to him but the yotes saw other wise.dam them yotes kill them how you can and if the suffer oh well

Latest posts