22 mag

280longshot

I bought a 22mag just for coyote hunting on WMA Land . I lost my first coyote after shooting him twice and knocking him down both times. I never coyote hunted with it again.

Plateau Hunter

I use a 22 mag for coyote hunting when I have too because of the peculiar laws. I have killed 1 with a 22 LR because that is what I had at the time and had 1 run off after shooting 'at' it with a 22 mag. I am confident I hit it but no trophy pictures. They are tough- expect some run offs with the rimfires with less than perfect hits.

Bayou Buck

I do a lot of hog hunting with my .22mag and it does the job with a shot behind the ear. Not sure if I would try it on yotes though.

Swampster

I've got a cheaper one. Thinking about upgrading to a nice Savage. Was actually considering upgrading to a 22-250 but got sticker shock looking at ammo. I'll shoot the 22 mag a lot more.

stik

280longshot said:
I bought a 22mag just for coyote hunting on WMA Land . I lost my first coyote after shooting him twice and knocking him down both times. I never coyote hunted with it again.

that's one animal i don't care if it crawls off somewhere and dies never to be seen again. as long as it's dead, it's a good yote. i'll shoot em with whatever i happen to have in my hands at the time.

mike243

stik said:
280longshot said:

that's one animal i don't care if it crawls off somewhere and dies never to be seen again. as long as it's dead, it's a good yote. i'll shoot em with whatever i happen to have in my hands at the time.
x2

Benelli 4 Life

x4 22 Mag is a good coyote gun. I don't have one but I do got an old beat up 17HMR I use. Some drop,some flop,and some run off. All I'm gonna do is kick em in a ditch anyway so I really don't care if they do run off as long as I hear the thump.