20ga, Choke for 870

TradHunter

What choke do any of you recommend for me to get for my son for his 20ga. 870 Remington. With the choke what brand of ammo do you use and size of shot. Thanks for any suggestions.

Blount County Hunter

A remington full or extra full choke, I shoot remingtons heavi-shot in 4 shot with the 3 in magnums, they are relatively inexpensive for turkey shells and they are around $12 for 10, I prefer the bigger bbs for knockdown power over the quantity of smaller bbs in 5 and 6 shot, but 5 and 6 shot will work just the same, and I know many people that prefer 5 or 6 shot, just use which ever one you feel more confident in, all of them will kill a turkey

Twin Bridge Kennels

I have a winchester 1300 20ga I have a hastings .560 choke and winchester #6 shot. My friends wife is the nwtf worlds still shot champion she shoots a remington 870 20ga with a indian creek turkey choke and hevi shot. I think I will switch to indian creek choke this year it is unbelievable that amount of shot she puts in a target my hastings isn't far behind though.

TNhunter

Indian Creek choke and #6 Hevishot. It will put more pellets in a 10" circle from 40 yards than my 12 gauge shooting an XXF Comp-N-Choke and #5 Winchester high velocity loads. That combo will flat-out stomp a turkey from 40 yards in.

Latest posts