I took this Buck at Cheatham WMA last season on a muzzleloader quota hunt. I call him 2020. A 10 pointer that dressed 210 pounds. My best Buck after 31 years of pursuit. I would like him scored for the Tennessee Deer Registry when TWRA staff find an opportunity. Offices having been closed for sometime. Gross score is around 167 without deductions. I would like to share this Buck with the TWRA because the deer deserves to be noted.

Attachments

• ECBE8F58-1393-4C81-AC16-8180E60FE0E0.jpeg
    ECBE8F58-1393-4C81-AC16-8180E60FE0E0.jpeg
    987.4 KB · Views: 573
  • A8909504-1459-478F-90E3-C3D8FB0FA398.jpeg
    A8909504-1459-478F-90E3-C3D8FB0FA398.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 577

BSK

That's a true stud there! If he went 210 dressed, then as a mature buck he probably weighed around 250 live! (mature buck dressed weighed is usually around 82% of their live weight)

bobbuck

That's a dandy! You can probably get it scored by an official scorer that does not work for TWRA and then submit to the registry.

DoubleRidge

Beutiful buck....most game wardens can officially score the buck for you and take care of having it entered into the registry. Call them in advance and schedule a time to meet...in some cases they will even meet you at your house to score your buck.....congrats on a fine buck.

Great deer, too bad that brow was broken!

It is difficult to believe the TWRA offices are still closed. That is nuts.

Let's hear the hunt story!
November 1st, 2020, Sunday. The last day of the quota hunt. I had spent the two previous days in a tree stand and saw deer but no clear shot opportunities. On this morning I slept a little late camped at the WMA. I arose and prepared a hot breakfast and enjoyed it while contemplating my next move. I had seen several deer after dusk while coming back to camp the previous 2 nights and being familiar with the area elected to go there and sit on the ground farther into what I thought would be their staging area. I sat from about 7:00 a.m. until 9:45 watching this area and decided to look a little deeper for an afternoon tree stand hunt. I arose to my feet and walked slowly down a point and came upon a thicket which had been clear cut years ago. Suddenly as I was looking down into the thicket I saw the most magnificent sight ever! 2020 feeding broadside at about 80 yards oblivious to my presence. The Buck looked as large as a cow! The antlers were gleaming in the morning sun. My thought was "well, this is what I came here for! I rested my Remington ML .50 cal. scoped in-line against a tree and took aim. I squeezed the trigger and as the smoke cleared I could see the Buck was down and trying to get up. I had hit higher than anticipated breaking his spine, probably due to the downward angle of the shot. I hurriedly reloaded and kept an eye on the Buck as I traversed the distance to him. I quickly dispatched him with a second shot. Then the real work began, fortunately it was early in the day since it took me( hunting alone) about 5 hours to return to the truck.

Latest posts