2016 deer mounts

AT Hiker

dgb7mm":1y6mbxci said:
AT you do fine work Sir! Are you going to put the Kansas buck on the wall?
Thanks!
Eventually I will, bad part about being a taxidermist is that its difficult to set time aside for your own stuff. He had a very pretty Summer cape with only a few scars and a slightly split ear, so it should make for a beautiful mount. If memory serves me correct about mid Oct is the earliest I have ever killed a buck and by that time that have shed their Summer coats. I also picked up a nice limb out there where I was hunting, ideally I would like to incorporate it into the mount.

AT Hiker

A real nice youth buck from last year on a OTS semi sneak. This deer had a very long haired cape to come from TN, bet he was hot.

Side view

Close up frontal eye

Rjratliff1975

Great mount! You really seem to do great attention to detail work! Have you ever mounted a squirrel? If so I would love to see a pic.

AT Hiker

Rjratliff1975":3sv04h33 said:
Great mount! You really seem to do great attention to detail work! Have you ever mounted a squirrel? If so I would love to see a pic.

Thank you, I appreciate that.
Im a game head taxidermist, so no squirrels,birds,fish or pets(seriously I get asked at least twice a year). Im sure I will get into them (squirrels) once my nephew starts hunting them though[emoji846].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rjratliff1975

Oh ok. Wow even pets that's something. It seems very few taxidermists do small game these days. I know last year I killed a fox squirrel that I had mounted. I bet I called at least a dozen taxidermists and only four said they did small game. The guy I chose did a great job on him. He told me of all the animals he did squirrels were the ones he dreaded most.

Latest posts