2012 Tracker Deep V

Grandslam11

Anyone have a Tracker Deep V? Anything I should watch out for?

I have gotten an opportunity to buy this model boat at a great price and am really considering it. My kids are getting to an age where I think we can have a lot of fun as a family. Here are my concerns/ questions.

I am more of a bass fisherman more than anything and although this boat will work, it isn't ideal. I have only ever owned a bass boat. Currently the boat is bare bones, so the first thing I would do is add an Ultrex and a graph or two.

The boat has a 90hp motor. Will there be any issue pulling a tube or kneeboard? I know that is plenty of HP but with that style of boat, I didn't know.

Are the hard to load/unload on the trailer at the ramp?

Being an aluminum boat, are they terrible in windy conditions?

I like the higher railing for the safety aspect of the kids.

This boat will likely be used 70% fishing/ 30% family.

What recommendations does anyone have to "add on" to make this boat feel more of a fishing boat, but also allow for plenty "family fun"

Any electronic recommendation for an aluminum boat? Does that even matter? I had assumed if I went with the Ultrex, I would go hummingbird so they would "sync" together.

Thanks for any help.

Pilchard

No experience with the boat but can assure you that it should not be difficult to put on the trailer.... just like any other boat. go to the ramp on a slow day and find the trailer/boat's sweet spot and you'll always be set. This is true from a 12ft skiff straight through a 40ft center console.

For a tube or kneeboard, this is more of a prop issue than a HP issue. Water sports prioritize hole shot, not top end.

Hope this helps.

larry ipock

I traded a '99 Stratos 150hp for a '06 Crestliner 17.5 Fish Hawk 90hp. Don't know the length of the Tracker. Not any harder to load/unload. Being a deep v, they do set higher in the water, and catch the wind like a sail. Stable and manuverable like you wouldn't believe. Been in rough water I would not have attempted or wanted to be caught in when I had the Stratos. Also, being a deep v, they use more fuel because the v-bottom never gets up on a pad like a bass boat, but is always cutting the water. As for fishability, little difficult to cast under docks and low hanging limbs, but doable. Great for multi-species, not so much in the Stratos. I have a Motorguide I-Pilot and really appreciate it on those windy days. I miss the speed of the Stratos, but gotten used to that. Couldn't tell you about pulling tubes or kneeboards. Don't know what you mean about "add-ons". Hope this helps.

Safari Hunt

We had a bass boat in Louisiana and loved the time on the water with the kids. Cross Lake was the water supply for Shreveport. Got home at 5:20, wife had the boat hooked up and we were on the water at 5:40. When school was out, we were fishing 3-4 times a week! Lake was loaded with big bluegill, eatin' size catfish, bass and hybrid stripers. Oh, and there were the alligators.