2010's Hatch

bvoss

With all of the flooding that's gone on, I wonder how bad it could effect this years hatch. I know a lot of the hens haven't nested yet but several of them I bet had by the time the weather got rough. Could be tough hunting in a couple of years. What's your 2 cents worth?

Setterman

I would say that in some areas it will be a total loss. However, I believe many of the hens who lost nests will renest as it was probably early enough that they will retry. Here in East Tn the weather has been fine, and if nothing drastic happens things should be great.

I am going to lay it out there, that in isolated areas the hatch will be an utter failure, but statewide it will be just fine.

Bone Collector

I have been out in Middle TN and have found busted turkey eggs after the flood (not too many though), but i still am seeing a lot of turkey and toms with hens strutting. I hope that the ones that lost their nest will re-nest.

big B

Alot of breeding still going on the next crop should do fine,nest in low lying areas may be lost but the hens will breed again.

Latest posts