2009 Montana Wood Duck mount.........

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
I was antelope hunting in Montana in 2009 and in a bright fall windy day stumbled onto a section of river that was loaded with "woodies" tucked in out of the wind. The weather was fairly mild and figured they would be around a bit so after tagging out on antelope I purchased a MT non-resident waterfowl license and duck stamp and headed back to the river.

Give me your opinion on this mount. My wife isn't happy with the paint job on the bill, said it is just too bright and for sure doesn't look like the bill did when I killed the bird. I dont mind the "preening" look I guess....anyone have a good bird guy you might recommend near Crossville?

Wooduck2.jpg

Wooduck1.jpg

Wooduck2.jpg

Grizzly Johnson

I think it looks great.... shows all the different colors.

IMO, a fully mature wood duck is one of the most beautiful ducks there are.

TNTomtaker01

Looks good to me. Not sure what you consider close to crossville but there is a guy on tnducks that does a great job on birds he goes by duxrus.

Bagg-it Tag-it

Brian (Duxrus) did a woodduck for me a couple years back and it looks great. I'll post a photo later when I get home.

BDS05

JThuntsalot said:
bcunnin1 said:
Duxrus's shop is wild wings taxidermy I think. He does really good work. I think he is more West TN though.

Duxrus is in Nashville, I will have him do my birds from now on. Does awesome work on Ducks and turkeys

www.duxrus.com
Does great work. Pricey, but you get what you pay for. Great guy and for me, my bird was done on the date he originally said it would be. Pretty cool guy as well

Latest posts