2 yr old food plot

In_my_sights

Macon,Davidson, and anywhere else I can hunt
This is my 2 yr old clover plot. Over seeded 1 month ago with ladino, rape, BFO and WW. Two weeks before the over seeding I sprayed with Whitetail Institutes Slay and it did great. You can see the dead fescue under the new growth.
You can see the use that the exclusion cage shows. I would have never known without it. I plan on hunting some trails leading to it. This is the year of the food plot for sure.

Bottomcloveroatswheat211-4-07.jpg

Bottomcloveroatswheat11-4-07.jpg

Crosshairy

I know next to nothing about properly managing food plots - that exclusion cage is awesome! Now I'm itching to set one up on the area that I hunt.

In_my_sights

Macon,Davidson, and anywhere else I can hunt
I never knew how much they were eating until I put it up. I made this out of some scrap chicken wire. They actually logged some timber around this area and used it as a logging deck. Turns out he logged 20 mature mixed logs off the wrong property. They wanted to make things right so they leveled the 2 acres cleaning up their mess. I went in after the clean up and spread mucho lime and started with clover. It has been a little work and is starting to pay off. We are see more deer in the general area.

Latest posts