2 way radios

deerjackie

I need to know of some no bs 2 way radios that will get r done! no cell service where i hunt and family within 2 miles or so over the hill. thanks for your help. dj

dcsoldier44

motorollas are with out a doubt the way to go i think. i got a set for christmas a few years ago and a buddy and i gotthe ear buds for them with the mouth booms. never had spooked a deer and they were rated for 8 miles i think.

Bertman

I have the 16 mile motorola" for 2 years now from bass pro shops $70 bucks for 2 radio's 1 double charger and ear buds work great.

Winchester

Motorola is the best I have found in the radios, that being said, none of them will even come close to working as far as they say they will. Thats been my experience with many different models.

rldel

deerjackie said:
I need to know of some no bs 2 way radios that will get r done! no cell service where i hunt and family within 2 miles or so over the hill. thanks for your help. dj

Where do you hunt is the real question. We used to use Motorola's too. The high power GMRS I seem to recall.

10 miles is ideal line-of-sight. They often won't work from one hollow to the next. cel phones either but for us we at least have a tower on a hill (within 12 miles or so) that the cels can see. They may not be able to see each other so to speak like the two ways but they can see the tower and it relays. No matter what brand, you might be disappointed if you have a few millon pounds of Tennessee limestone between handsets.

SAWDUST

try to buy the ones with 5 watts of power which is the highest allowed .
ive tried em all nearly and as of right now for me the cobras are hard to beat for your cheaper radios but dont expect wonders with any of them. they are what they are.
to help a little buy a GOOD pair of motorola or kenwood radios and have the watts turned up as far as they will go which like i said 5 is the max allowed but.........

Latest posts