#2 for TN

rem270

Went to a property this morning I haven't hunted in the morning all year and only been mid day twice. Based off previous years I had a good feeling they were there just been spending time between ky and another TN farm.

Went in blind and was set up within 100-125 yards when he started gobbling. Daylight 2 hens pitched out and I thought well here he comes next. Heard him again and he had pitched down away from me but was hammering off quite often.

Not long after more hens and some Jake's flew down further down and at that time I had 8-10 birds in the field. I kept hearing him gobble so had a good feeling he was going to come out and sure enough he stepped out with another gobbler and he would strut and run around and keep the other gobbler away from hens. Finally they teamed up and ran the Jake's off and I thought well they'll follow those hens now because they had all moved away. I decided to give them a few yelps and within seconds they turned and were headed my way fast. I took the lead bird at about 30 yards. Definitely one of the most action packed hunts I've experienced.

10.5" beard and spurs right at 1".

Been a great season. Be nice to tag out in KY on the last day but doubt it happens with the rain coming in.

20230507_065600.jpg

20230507_065834.jpg

Latest posts