2 coyote misses

ttf909

First trap was taken with the coyote . Second trap fired ad without a catch. I reset the same hole because the critters come thru there multiple times a night . Suggestions?

Trapper

Try using 2 stakes and cross stake them. When a coyote gets caught it will pounce up and down which will ratchet it out of the ground.I made the mistake years ago didn't realize I could run that far after about 600 yards I caught up with him .

Trapper

Sounds like he felt it move under him,they have got to be bedded rock solid with no movement in it at all

MR Yote

Check your pan tension if it's too light you may be toe catching yotes & they are pulling out. Good luck.

matt_brown

Utfan1,
A couple years ago i thought i was having the same problem as you are having with pull outs. Come to find out i wasn't having pull outs they were actually rolling on my trap and setting them off. Are you using a gland lure? I was and i was puting the gland/call lure approximately 6 inches to the side of my trap on a qtip. I would have hair on my trap but not yote. I started putting the call lure 6ft-10ft downwind of my trap and i started catching coyotes. Unless you have a catch circle i would say that you may be having the same problem. I have educated a few that would come in and smell my trap and flip it over too.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk