• Help Support TNDeer:

1st find

cecil30-30

Went out today for the first time looking for sheds,after seeing catman's sheds.Well I didn't find any sheds,but I did find this little 8pt,looks like its been there for atleast 2 years,mice started chewing on the tips of the antlers..I also found 1 buck skull with the horns zipped off and 1 doe skull..No sheds..

2013-03-01150316_zps378958af.jpg

Very nice! I found my 1st buck skull earlier this week (also an 8 point)...finally letting it dry after getting skin off of it and bleaching...still never found a shed though lol

About your aging this skull to be 2yrs, I've always thought that squirrels and rats would eat the antler in just a few months. I bet that skull is not nearly that old. I recall fining a spike skull a few years back and it was laying with one spike driven into the ground so that no small animal could get to it. The other antler was completely gone and the whole thing didn't look all that old.

Hunter 257W said:
About your aging this skull to be 2yrs, I've always thought that squirrels and rats would eat the antler in just a few months. I bet that skull is not nearly that old..

Not exactly. This skull is several years old with just a little chew.
2013-02-16155941_zps7e8f1b4b.jpg

Latest posts

Back