1st Bird

REDMAN1

It was a beautiful morning yesterday in the woods. We started walking and listening. After about, I guess, a mile, we stop yelped real soft and got a response. Walked a little futher and found us a place to sit where it seemed we were almost beside him. Stayed there a bit and he never would come closer. Everytime Yekrut would call or a crow would sound off he would gobble or double gobble. Decided we needed to get closer, so walked just down the trail and sat down again with him gobbling the whole time it seemed like. We were there maybe 2 minutes and Yekrut heard him spitin and drumming. He said hes coming get ready. At 7:20am, he got to about 25 yards and a tree was in the way, he stepped 1 yard closer out from behind the tree and BANG, backflip city!! First turkey I have ever killed, best feeling ever!! Cant wait to go back. BEST day in the woods ever! Big thanks to YEKRUT!

19lb 10oz
9.25 beard
3/4in and 7/8in spurs

100_4105.jpg

100_4101.jpg

YEKRUT

Congrats again man, glad I could be there when your first one hit the dirt. You want to go hunting saturday? :)

Andy S.

Awesome Redman! Congrats on your first turkey, I hope is the first of many more to come. Great first picture as well, it will look good in a frame. Stay after'em.

YEKRUT

REDMAN1 said:
Andy S. said:
Great first picture as well, it will look good in a frame. Stay after'em.

I had a semi-professional photographer take those :grin:

Just lots of practice taking self shots with camera sitting on my ammo box I carry in the truck is all. You better get it right because that 10 second timer don't wait. :D

REDMAN1

spitndrum said:
Congrats Matt, Ol Brandon knows a lil bit about thunder chickens huh lol

Oh yea. He got me into hunting bigger game. Never hunted deer or turkey before this year. Took me deer hunting, eh it was ok. Took me turkey hunting last year and dang, was I hooked!! Glad to have a great turkey teacher.