1987 25hp johnson

Jdunn94

I've rebuilt the carb and now won't crank unless I put rag over the carb I've replaced the fuel filter all gas lines I'm assuming I have a pick up fuel problem any help would be appreciated

Jdunn94

Thanks for the advice I just put new one on and this evening took the carb back off double checking and took pump apart looked nothing in the screen it's like something not getting gas I can cover the carb cranks up first try and also left the hose leaving the fuel pump to the carb before I put the carb back on and gas pumps out great I'm lost lol

Jdunn94

The primer on it is a manual primer and has one line to the Bolton of carb and other goes to back of carb I can put the meaty side of my hand over carb and just bump the motor where gas will come up the carb where little sits in the throat and try start it and will start for a second or two only thing I can think of is the neddle isn't sitting correctly slowing gas into the motor

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I'd agree on the needle. Stuck or upside down. Could be coated in laquor if it's had ethanol gas run through it.

Jdunn94

Ima pull carb back off tomorrow after work and check it is there a certain way you put the clip on the tang of the float for the needle it seems to be in it good and looks like it open and closes good but will inspect futuer when I take back apart

Latest posts