1973 25 hp Evinrude Outboard

'borohunter

Have a 1973 Evinrude tiller with electric start and pull start backup. I've had it for 3 years and had new water pump, ignition coils and carb rebuild 2 years ago. New fuel pump this year. It pushes a 16' jon boat at about 23 mph with just me and my gear. It has developed a consistent "hiccup" and idles rough (sometimes) but not as bad other times. I did notice in colder weather first but still there. Runs fine WOT. I don't have the time to mess with and would make someone a fine motor with some work and know-how. I'm selling as I found a newer motor for a good price and made sense to "upgrade". Comes with fuel tank. Asking $375 obo.

Thanks for looking.
View attachment Motor.MOV

Attachments

• Motor 2.jpg
    Motor 2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Motor 3.jpg
    Motor 3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 37
  • Motor.jpg
    Motor.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Tenntrapper

Possibly a buggered up key in the flywheel.
If so, pretty easy fix.
I had a '72 20hp....started running really rough at idle...hard to keep running. But it ran fine from off idle to WOT.

'borohunter

As I have the replacement motor already I'd really like to get rid of this one and dropping the price in hopes of moving the unit along. Happy to send more photos or video of it running if that helps (you should be able to hear the miss as well). $225. Thanks.

Latest posts