W C

I really like my Kimber too but it's gonna be hard to get a Kimber for less than $1K. Look at Springfield Armory. They make a fine 1911 in different configurations and I think it's within your price range. A friend of mine had the GI model, just bare bones with fixed sights and he can shoot it as good as I can shoot the Kimber. Honestly I think Kimber it a bit overpriced.

Locksley

Kimberman

Springfield Loaded series would be the one I would look for. They have upgraded sights, triggers, beavertails, and safeties for around the $800 you are looking for. I wouldnt shy away from a used Kimber or S&W either. If I were looking for a 1911 right now, I would look at the Dan Wesson 1911s, they are about the nicest you can find for the price you pay.

Model70Man

I'd just go out and see which one you liked the best in your price range. I have found it is better to get what you want instead of settling for something you never really wanted in the first place. I have a Sig GSR Revolution Nitron 1911 that I wouldn't trade off or ever sell. You can find the Sig GSR XO 1911's in your price range, but they are not as aesthetically pleasing as the other models.

smokin

I picked this one up after reading a review on m1911.org
2e1argj.jpg

Its a Firestorm made my Metro arms. Ive got around 250 rounds thru it with no problems. Not a collector pieace and never will be but it is a good solid pistol.

Latest posts