Sold/Expired 11-87 Super Magnum Special Purpose

david k.

Some of you may have seen this in another thread...I wanted to start a new thread so as not to hi-jack the thread from Pappy who is looking to buy a shotgun....

For starters, I have not been trying to sell my 1187 but I saw his post and just thought to myself...'I have one I'm not using so maybe I'll let it go...'

I had absolutely no idea of the guns value so I did some research to see what they are selling for on GunBroker.....I have to say that I was ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED to see that one like mine (but in worse shape) sold last month for $1255 plus shipping and FFL fees. Even more surprising was that there were about 40 bids on that shotgun...are those folks smoking crack????

I will say that there is NO WAY I'd pay $1200-1300 for this shotgun but I would also be a fool to let it go for any less than that if I can list it on GB and that's what it would bring.

david k.

And finally, to confirm my story, here is the link to the one that sold a few weeks ago on gun broker so you can compare the condition of the 2 shotguns.

I have all chokes and the camo sling that came with the shotgun new...I just don't have the box.

Thanks,
David

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
These shotguns are absolute duck and goose slayers. I have 2 of them and love them both. I grew up shooting 870's and from the back these point like an 870. That is one of the most pristine ones I have seen.

UpperTully

The prices Remingston's are bringing is crazy. I feel if you remove the political climate, this is merely a short lived fad. What I find even more crazy is the prices of the lower quality late model Remington's. That's a sweet shotgun though. Best of luck selling it.

david k.

The prices Remingston's are bringing is crazy. I feel if you remove the political climate, this is merely a short lived fad. What I find even more crazy is the prices of the lower quality late model Remington's. That's a sweet shotgun though. Best of luck selling it.
Thank you and I agree that its gotten ridiculous. Who knows whats going to happen?

Ol Fart

Some of you may have seen this in another thread...I wanted to start a new thread so as not to hi-jack the thread from Pappy who is looking to buy a shotgun....

For starters, I have not been trying to sell my 1187 but I saw his post and just thought to myself...'I have one I'm not using so maybe I'll let it go...'

I had absolutely no idea of the guns value so I did some research to see what they are selling for on GunBroker.....I have to say that I was ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED to see that one like mine (but in worse shape) sold last month for $1255 plus shipping and FFL fees. Even more surprising was that there were about 40 bids on that shotgun...are those folks smoking crack????

I will say that there is NO WAY I'd pay $1200-1300 for this shotgun but I would also be a fool to let it go for any less than that if I can list it on GB and that's what it would bring.
Bought mine brand new for $529 with the $75 rebate.

Ol Fart

If I had $2400 to gun shop I sure wouldn't be spending it for an 11-87. I would buy a Sweet Sixteen, an Optoma V2, a Stoeger M3020 and a couple of cases of Hevi Bismuth. 😁