11/2/21 CFP Prediction Thread

Mescalero

What order of teams do you predict the Committee will have for its initial 2021 CFP ranking tomorrow night? After #1, I think it's going to be interesting. I think the Committee likes to give itself some wiggle room and likes to do some ranking in a way that works itself out as regular season games are played. And the Committee will never rank a G5 team in the top 4 unless there's some kind of crazy chaos.

1- Georgia
2- Michigan State
3- Oklahoma
4- Alabama
5- Oregon
6- Ohio State
7- Cincinnati
8- Michigan
9- Wake Forest
10- Notre Dame

Not necessarily what I agree with, but what I think the Committee will do.

Spurhunter

Not really answering your question, but asking another. If Cincy remains undefeated would they get in? The only team they've beaten that is any good is Notre Dame. I think they would get completely embarrassed by UGA, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma, or even alabama,.

Mescalero

Not really answering your question, but asking another. If Cincy remains undefeated would they get in? The only team they've beaten that is any good is Notre Dame. I think they would get completely embarrassed by UGA, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma, or even alabama,.
Cincy isn't getting in unless all of those teams have two losses and maybe not even then.

Guess who Sparty plays this Saturday? Purdue in West Lafayette.

PalsPal

BamaProud

Well now we know. Cincinnati is 6th. Bammer is 2nd.
LqDRSuk.png

Mescalero

Well now we know. Cincinnati is 6th. Bammer is 2nd.
LqDRSuk.png
Some surprises. The most pleasant surprise IMO is Oklahoma at 8. Not at all surprised that Cincy is at 6.

The rest will play itself. And believe me when I say that unranked Purdue is the graveyard for top ranked teams.

PalsPal

So, who are the two teams currently in the top 4 that don't get in?

My guess is Bama and Mich St.

History has shown it's more likely than not that two or three of this week's top four will miss the playoffs. In the first six seasons of the playoff rankings between 2014-19, 11 of the 24 teams in the top four from the first poll missed the semifinals.

Latest posts