10/22's

Plateau Hunter

Here is my most used squirrel rifle. Old walnut stock 10/22 with Volquartsen barrel and Jewell trigger. It shoots better than I can hold in the field. PH

IMG_4187.jpg

fastbs

Paints drying on a pillar bedded Boyd's tacticool right now. Bedded the first couple inches of the barrel too.

infoman jr.

Every good American should have one or two...
IMAG0649.jpg

Top one has a hogue stock, butler creek barrel, and 4-12x cheapo scope
Bottom one is the bone stock squirrel killer.

ShamrockIV

hey kodiak mine has the same stock as yours and seems to be really soft on the forend shooting off bipod. is yours this way??

fastbs

i am looking at the tacticools also. did u get the laminate one? where did u find it? thanks

fastbs

ShamrockIV said:
i am looking at the tacticools also. did u get the laminate one? where did u find it? thanks
Ordered direct from boyds, it was on backorder when i ordered and took about 3 weeks to get it.
midwayusa carrys an unfinished one which also seems to always be backordered.

Ordering direct from boyds the stock is finished with a textured flat black paint for $10 more than Midway and shipping was less than $15 to Cookeville. My total was just under $105.00 shipped.

I like the Bell & Carlson Target/Varmint Style stock too but didn't want to spend that much. http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/th ... ger/Detail

jb3

Mine looks the same (with the addition of a scope and see-thru mounts both bought at Walmart) as it did the day it was bought at Service Merchandise in 1982. I remember it was just under $90 when my dad bought it for me.

ShamrockIV

Reviews say the bell and carkaon need to be fitted some. How is ur fit on the biyd?? Bs have u seen the arxhangel that i was talking about? Mine now has hogue. Feels good but not stiff enough. (I know. Thats what she said lol)

fastbs

The Boyd fits well. The only thing is the entire barrel floated which many say is a bad thing for an oe 10/22 receiver.

Mine had a bell & Carlson anshutz on it when I got it and seemed to fit well. Didn't appear to be modified any. Had a pressure pad at the front of the fore end. Just didn't like that it was right hand only. I like to play lefty sometimes.

Grainger

ShamrockIV said:
hey kodiak mine has the same stock as yours and seems to be really soft on the forend shooting off bipod. is yours this way??

fastbs

It does not seem that way, at least I've never noticed. I had to do some serious sanding on the channel in the stock to be able to get the barrel to fit, and even more to float it. Sure seemed like some hard, stiff plastic to me.

Also, I've put an "improved" V-block on it to hopefully help keep the barrel from sagging. Seems like it's doing its job.

Latest posts