• Help Support TNDeer:

1 of my bucks from 2012!

mathews338

IMG950437_zps39698825.jpg
[/img]
i lost my phone with several pics on it in the woods in late season so i had to wait til i got photos on camera developed, then i could scan them and put them in photobucket.

i killed him on nov. 27th just after daybreak. i was hunting a powerline and one side is thick as heck. guess he had been running does all night and waited a little to long to get back in the thick stuff. nice 8pt with the exception of the short G3's. he weighed 150 dressed and was at least 4.5

shot was only about 15 yards and i shot him in the neck. he dropped but he was kicking alot so i put behind his shoulder because i didn't want to take any chances.

I do the same when a deer is still moving. Shoot until they stop wiggling. I'd rather grind up a little more meat than lose the whole deer. Especially if it's a nice buck like this. Congratulations!

Outdoor life said:
That's a nice buck! Where in Jackson County was this guy if you don't mind me asking?
this one came from roaring river area but I also hunt around north springs and Jackson/Clay co line around Butlers Landing. I try to kill one big buck at all 3 places.

mathews338 said:
Outdoor life said:
That's a nice buck! Where in Jackson County was this guy if you don't mind me asking?
this one came from roaring river area but I also hunt around north springs and Jackson/Clay co line around Butlers Landing. I try to kill one big buck at all 3 places.

Nice! I found an 8 pt. skull around Blackburn Fork on my uncles land, so that gave me hope, and with you getting that one around Roaring River...maybe the nice bucks are slowly moving in the Branch area.

Latest posts

Back