1,900-Acre Duck Hunting Property in West TN

Grizzly Johnson

Same that TWRA couldn't purchase that property and add it to the Bogota WMA with the same type set-up or just make it public hunting where you have to remove your decoys at the end of the day and hunt from temp blinds.

Andy S.

FWIW, I am very familiar with this area, as one of my more difficult jobs that resulted from the historic 2011 Flood is just north of here, like just outside the frame of the ad pics, to the northeast. The marketing scheme behind this ad is pretty comical to me, but typical in a lot of ways (added BS to make it sound more appealing). Take for example this quote..."Its borders consist of Reelfoot Lake to the north, White's Lake Refuge to the south, Lake Isom to the east and a rice field to the west". In reality, its borders are all private landowners/farmers, several of whom I have dealt with this past winter and this spring to get easements for work along the MS River. The refuges that are referenced are 8-10 miles away, or more, from any border of the property. Point in case for those that read this; do not be misled by the over-hype that is depicted in this ad. There are no refuges that truly border (touch) this piece of property. I also researched assessor records and it appears they paid about $900-1000/acre when they bought it in 2007. That same selling price today would equate to $1.7MIL+ at the auction. You do not have to worry about me bidding. :)

Andy S.

I must not have been vague enough because you nailed it. :) Sheep's ridge road/levee breach is my highest priority job at the moment (and likely will be for 18-24 months).

At the peak of the flood (May 4, 2011)
May42011aerialshowingblowoutcropped.jpg

The aftermath (August 2011)
MerriweatheraerialAug2011.jpg

Hawk

RUGER said:
I heard Hawk was gonna buy it all and open the tndeer duck club. :D

Don't think so. :) Unless the Miss is up a duck would have to have a canteen of water to cross that tract of sand.

Latest posts