Trellis

hillbillyfab

If you're not worried about looks, we use hog/feed lot panels, the wire kind. I drove a few T posts and tie em off. When the garden seasons over I tear em down and save em for the following year.

Jcalder

I used the end of a roll of concrete wire. Wish I coulda got it a bit tighter but using a ten pound sledge on 6 foot t posts wore me out. I cut a ditch around the garden and planted the cucumbers on top of the ridge. I'm guessing when I started my post they were 6-10 inches over my head. Shoulda backed the truck over there lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MickThompson

I cobbled some together last year from limbs for my cucumbers and it worked fine but looked a little ghetto. Nobody could tell the difference once they started running though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forvols

In the past I have used twine and post but it would end up sagging. I was talking to an old farmer and about using wire for a trellis. He said cheaper is just use some T post and masonary twine because it wont stretch and sag. So I'm going to try that. Space the T post about 4-6ft tie off one end of the twine then just wrap it around the rest of the post first run about a foot about the plants then each run being about a foot or so higher than the previous one. Don't cut the twine at the end of yr you can roll it up on a stick and use it again.

GMB54

Cheap and easy to work with
TLw7I12.jpg

Use a cow panel if you want something more permanent.

LA man

I used a 16 foot hog wire cut in half, ripped two 2x4's in half then bolted them together and used electrical stapled to hold the hog wire to the boards, when done for the season it folds together and stow it out the way