Who all on this forum hunts out of a tree saddle harness?

TresMon

Hey Team,
I was just wondering how many other Tennesseean's hunt out of some type of tree saddle harness?
I have exclusively for the last 10 years.

I thought we could exchange tips tricks and things we have learned along the way. Gear stuff, tree climbing techniques, mods to gear...on and on.

I recently learned how to shave several pounds off the overall weight of my tree saddle/ tree climbing gear.
I would be happy to share it and learn tips and tricks you other saddle hunters have came up with!

Okay...here we go.
TresMon

ImThere

Re: Who all on this forum hunts out of a tree saddle harness

You know I hunt from a sitdrag
Bigasports has a aero hunter
Vermin has a guidos web and there are others here

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

TresMon

Cool.
Maybe we could get a forum section for saddle hunters.
That would be fun.

Im using a Trophy Line Tree Saddle,
rope and prussik knot tether. Soon I'm gonna make a rope and prussik linemans belt.

Im climbing with either just a BlackDiamond 6 step etrier girthed to the tree or sometimes one helium ckimbing stick and the etrier.
My platform is Ameristep strap on steps...three steps on one webbing and two steps on another. I really enjoy the set up. I never was comfortable in a conventional stand.
I have been saddle hunting for 10 years.

Tennessee Lead

I think it would be cool to use a set up like that some.
I like how the DIY Sportsman uses his RC harness with a Sitdrag combination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cozy23

I'd like to try it but seems pretty expensive for the harness. Almost doesn't make sense why they're so expensive.

My opinion is based off seeing them for sale on AT classifieds.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

cozy23

Poser":1gpk37gm said:
cozy23":1gpk37gm said:
I'd like to try it but seems pretty expensive for the harness. Almost doesn't make sense why they're so expensive.

The company went out of business so they command a premium price due to lack of availability.

Yep

ImThere

Poser":1m4hygab said:
cozy23":1m4hygab said:

The company went out of business so they command a premium price due to lack of availability.

There are 2 companies that currently produce them. The aero hunter from new tribe and guidos web.
I use a sitdrag it cost $40. My linesman from Ernie's outdoors was $35. I'm comfortable and light weight
I use muddy ultralights I borrowed from Bigasports with a black diamond 5 step on bottom and plan on 2 -3step cmi's to get me 20+ with out carrying the 4 the stick I carry now. I have 5 ameristeps on 1 strap as a platform it have not carried it this year

Sent from my
At 20' up

TresMon

Woo-who! Ive got two out of my tree saddle so far this year!

cozy23

ImThere":2288w9j1 said:
Poser":2288w9j1 said:
cozy23":2288w9j1 said:

There are 2 companies that currently produce them. The aero hunter from new tribe and guidos web.
I use a sitdrag it cost $40. My linesman from Ernie's outdoors was $35. I'm comfortable and light weight
I use muddy ultralights I borrowed from Bigasports with a black diamond 5 step on bottom and plan on 2 -3step cmi's to get me 20+ with out carrying the 4 the stick I carry now. I have 5 ameristeps on 1 strap as a platform it have not carried it this year

Sent from my
At 20' up
I didn't realize it but I have a sit drag. Bought it at the turkey show a few years ago. Made me a shorter bridge for it yesterday. Added a prussic to my tether and threw my ropeman on there. So now I can hook up with the sit drag and my climbing harness.

I've got some screw in steps I could use for up top. Is that what yall use?

Didn't even realize I already had everything I needed to saddle hunt.

TresMon

Yeah you can use screw in steps for your "platform" up stop. I use strap on steps for my platform.

ImThere

cozy23":13edv1pj said:
ImThere":13edv1pj said:
Poser":13edv1pj said:
cozy23 said:

Sent from my
At 20' up
I didn't realize it but I have a sit drag. Bought it at the turkey show a few years ago. Made me a shorter bridge for it yesterday. Added a prussic to my tether and threw my ropeman on there. So now I can hook up with the sit drag and my climbing harness.

I've got some screw in steps I could use for up top. Is that what yall use?

Didn't even realize I already had everything I needed to saddle hunt.

You are ready to go

I ditched my climbing harness and use a linesman belt that doubles as my back brace once at height. Staying double hooked to the tree tether.
I can't use screw in steps
I use muddy ultra lights and 1-5 step ertrier and 2-3 step ertier. I can be 20' up fairly quickly

Sent from my
At 20' up

Latest posts