Saddle Hunting

Nlaw1627

Anyone have any input on say Ropeman 1's or Kong duck ascenders? I'm looking to get one but just wanna know what other people have to say about them vs the usual prussik knot or other type hitch.

UCStandSitter

Anyone have any input on say Ropeman 1's or Kong duck ascenders? I'm looking to get one but just wanna know what other people have to say about them vs the usual prussik knot or other type hitch.
Ropeman will change your life. Prusik knot is riding a horse, Ropeman is driving a Porsche. I have two. One on my tether and one on my lineman's belt

philsanchez76

I've been using Prussic hitches with tenders for the last 4 seasons. The tenders make the prussic move almost as easy as the ropeman. Only down side is you still have to break the prussic when adjusting back out. I just like having less mechanical parts to fail

Nlaw1627

I've been using Prussic hitches with tenders for the last 4 seasons. The tenders make the prussic move almost as easy as the ropeman. Only down side is you still have to break the prussic when adjusting back out. I just like having less mechanical parts to fail
That's currently what i use with my saddle, is a tender i made out of a rope thimble and some 1/4 inch rope i had laying around. It works but no way it works as easy as a ropeman should, i do plan on backing up my ropeman with a prussik knot though just incase of any kind of failure.

Nlaw1627

Thanks for the input yall, i do think im gonna give it a shot! Ive absolutely loved my saddle this year as its my first year using it, shot opportunities are endless.

Coop87

I have a Ropeman 1 and Climbing Technology RollNLock. Get the Ropeman and try it out. Resale is pretty good if you don't like it. They do make things easier and can also double as a deer hoist.

East TN Bowhunter

9MM or Bigger on Ropeman 1 and I have been one sticking mostly, so I use the Madrock safeguard way more than I do the Ropeman(Use 35ft tether to climb instead of linesman rope). I will advise against 1 sticking if it is pouring the rain. I almost had an accident where the front of my shoe slipped off of wet, slick tree bark when I went to climb up aider and onto stick. Luckily I had my tether secured and my face was not directly over my climbing stick cuz I took a pretty hard spill until my rope caught me. Couldn't believe it didn't rip off my bino harness lol

1smoothredneck

I LOVE my rope man 1 and highly recommend them. I used a tender with Prussic knots for years and had no complaints. I prefer the Ropeman device now. I only use them on my Lineman's belt, tho. I'm perfectly fine using a prussic knot on my tether. Less weight and noise, and easy enough to adjust since you have both hands free by then.

Be safe, & happy new year

JCDEERMAN

I use a kong duck (sp) - have one for tether and one for lineman. I'd watch YT videos on how they operate. That's how I decided which ones to get

Latest posts