West TN Farm Pond Stockin

TNlandowner

We bought fish 13 March from Dan commanderin @ Greenwater Fish Farm near Milan. Dan was very helpful and had the order ready when I arrived. After a 45 minute drive home, all the fish were alive and well. They are doing great in our pond.

Their web site isn't updated, so it is best to call directly: 731.234.0439 or 731.571.1800

Dodge Man

I have gotten fathead minnows hybrid bluegill, regular bluegill, redear sunfish, channel catfish, hybrid crappie and crass carp so far from Greenwater Fish farm. The first load of minnows and bluegills he delivered by truck because. This past fall i went and picked up a load and everything was in bags. I hauled them an hour home and everything was alive and very active when i released them into my pond. I plan on putting some bass in this spring. But I think Greenwater is a good place to get fish either delivered or you pick then up.

Djustice

Check out aquatic-biologist on instagram. He is a pond/lake manager and gives tons of free advice about managing a pond and will respond to questions you have. His page is full of useful information. I've learned a ton about ponds from him in the last few months.

Djustice

One of his main points is an acre of water will only sustain so many pounds of fish. Actual amount is dependent on the quality of water you have but say it is 100 lbs. In a bass/bluegill pond that means you will have around 30lbs or bass and 70lbs of bluegill. Add any other species and you will take away from either the bass or bluegill depending on what species. If your goal is quality largemouth never add crappie because they eat the same thing. He doesn't ever recommend adding crappie to a lake unless it is over 50 acres. He also doesn't recommend adding forage fish do the cost and what you get in return. It takes something like 10 lbs of forage for a bass to increase 1 lb in weight. The best/cost effective thing you can do is consistently feed the bluegill. Bluegill will spawn up to 5 times a year if the conditions are right, providing plenty of forage for the bass. Once the bass reach a certain size though you HAVE to remove so many lbs of small ones a year or you will end up with stunted bass Might not be feasible for you but the absolute best thing you can do is drain and start over. Bass can get up to 10+ lbs in 4 years if the conditions are right. Anyway, those are some of the basics I've learned from him. His page is an encyclopedia of pond knowledge.

CBU93

Last Tuesday

0D48577E-72F9-450F-AE88-1492A6972D22.jpeg
137533A0-ACE2-4593-88CB-898A646F7372.jpeg
03FFDE7A-2ECA-4D67-8A54-F0CB7C201965.jpeg
137533A0-ACE2-4593-88CB-898A646F7372.jpeg

Latest posts