vortex scope.

Nsghunter

I want a new scope for my 30-06. I have $150-200 to spend and a friend said bps had vortex diamond back for $199 with a price match from midway.what do you recommend.

TNRifleman

I am not a big fan of the original Diamondback because of the shorter eye relief. If you look around a bit, you can get a VOrtex Diamondback HP for under $250. It is a great scope and there is no comparison in the two for the $50 difference.

southern_leo

Just researched scopes and best for the money on one comparison I found was the Nikon Pro Staff. Then checked other reviews on it and can't find much bad about it. 180-200 range online.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TNRifleman

southern_leo":3uk0gj5c said:
Just researched scopes and best for the money on one comparison I found was the Nikon Pro Staff. Then checked other reviews on it and can't find much bad about it. 180-200 range online.

If it's a 3-9x40 you should not pay more than $125 for it. You can find them on EBay for that often. People take them if the savage trophy hunter packages and sell them for $100-$125

southern_leo

TNRifleman":2g8y8925 said:
southern_leo":2g8y8925 said:

If it's a 3-9x40 you should not pay more than $125 for it. You can find them on EBay for that often. People take them if the savage trophy hunter packages and sell them for $100-$125
Good call.

tc 308

The new buck master nikons look just like the scopes on the savage trophy package . $100-130 at wall mart . Vortex crossfire is around the same price. You can get a good scope for $200-250 just look around. The diamond back is a good choice for the money too!

TNCanoer

My son purchased a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 for his .308 two years ago. That's a good scope for the money and the warranty is second to none. Liked the Vortex well enough I topped my .30-06 with a Viper.

Boone 58

Nsghunter":7y0mdwmc said:
I want a new scope for my 30-06. I have $150-200 to spend and a friend said bps had vortex diamond back for $199 with a price match from midway.what do you recommend.

Just purchased the Nikon Prostaff 5 Scope in the 2.5 x 10 x 40 and I really like it from out of the box...........still waiting on the new rifle to mount it too which happens to be the Marlin 336 XLR in 30 30 which I will pick up from Bass Pro this Tuesday!!! Will post pics........stoked! I won my bid on ebay for 177!...........this same scope sells at b.p. for 229!!

PillsburyDoughboy

Much Better Quality of GLASS to be had in the price Range. When you lign them up next to each other side by side Dollar By Dollar Vortex usually comes out on the bottom. Sure they have a great Warranty but most companies do now days. Leupold , Bushnell and others pretty much are known for their outstanding Warranties. Nikon is advertising they are going to the No Fault Warranty but having gotten stung by them on warranty I just don't trust them. Nikon makes much better Glass than Vortex for the same $$$ spent. So if your comfortable and trust their warranty... They are great. You may pay a little more for a Leupold VX1 or VX2 But your getting a heck of a scope that will outlast you.

PillsburyDoughboy

Went to Cabeles this weekend . I am not really in the market for glass.

I looked at the following .

Nikon 3x9x 40 Buckmaster
Nikon 3x9x40 prostaff
redfield 3x9x40 Revolution
3x9x40 vortex Diamondback

Granted I was under showroom light so a true comparison could not be made . Here were my general thoughts and impression.

The Nikon Pro staff was by far the clearest and for $199 was by far the best value .
The Nikon Buckmaster was not far behind it and was $129

The Redfield Revolution and Diamondback were both $199 and they were both about the same in terms of clarity .

I also compared these to the Leupold VX1.

The Leupold Vx1 were just a tad sharper around the edges than everything but the Nikon Prostaff
and my experiences has been will give equal performance to the Nikon at twilight .

Amazon currently has the VX1 on sale for $93 . That's a steal .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk