Food Plots UTV Spreader

tellico4x4

My old Herd spreader bit the dust last fall so in market for another quality spreader. The Herd has been great for past 20 years and have replaced parts on it twice but it's toast now. Have two big spreaders for tractor so this will be used strictly for seed. Considering the one below and wonder if anyone has experience with the Spin Tech line? Looks like a quality product and made in Texas.

BSK

My 2nd Herd spreader is also dying. I've loved them. However, the latest Herd has increased dramatically in price, from around $350 to $1,200 (although the latest one is the bomb for UTVs!). Not sure I like the seed volume adjustment on that Spintech.

BSK

I DO really like the remote control on the SpinTech as well as the automatic seed shutoff when the motor is turned off. That would be a huge advantage over the Herd. But another concern is the 8-18' spread radius. Dang, my Herd throws it twice that far. of course, in small, narrow plots, that could be an advantage - not wasting seed being thrown out into the woods!

tellico4x4

They have a galvanized model as well & a 150# one that is being discontinued. Afraid that 150# would be too heaving traveling on our rough arse roads. One thing I do like is that parts are available from TX. Probably going to bite the bullet on the poly one

My old Herd spreader bit the dust last fall so in market for another quality spreader. The Herd has been great for past 20 years and have replaced parts on it twice but it's toast now. Have two big spreaders for tractor so this will be used strictly for seed. Considering the one below and wonder if anyone has experience with the Spin Tech line? Looks like a quality product and made in Texas.

Buy it and let us know how it works! For whatever reason you choose you don't like it, I'll buy it from you.
I'm actually in the market for one for my UTV and ATV.

BSK

They have a galvanized model as well & a 150# one that is being discontinued. Afraid that 150# would be too heaving traveling on our rough arse roads. One thing I do like is that parts are available from TX. Probably going to bite the bullet on the poly one
That's how I damaged my current Herd. I made the mistake of traveling from cabin to food plot with the hopper completely full. Bent some components and now my agitator no longer works. Spreader still runs (spins) but no agitator.

Latest posts