TWRA study update

AT Hiker

Re: TWRA study update

catman529":2lvllwno said:
Where do you get this info? I've seen nothing short of a great hatch in several counties and had many encounters with Jake and hen poults while fall turkey hunting and deer hunting. I've also heard that Lawrence county finally had a decent hatch, at least part of it did, which hasn't been the case for years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Never mind who said it, what matters is your experience differs from someone else's. That's something to think about. Why is your experience different?

On my personal property we finally had a hatch that survived. However, some larger tracks of land toward Stewart County continue to decline for no apparent reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROVERBOY

scn said:
TN hasn't had a turkey biologist that truly cared about turkeys or turkey hunters since Jack Murrey retired. Jack would not have allowed some of the current bs to go on under his watch.[/quote

I agree.

MickThompson

AlabamaSwamper":2vundmyn said:
Blows my mind how we've lost 75% of the turkeys in Wayne county in the last 10 years and we hear basically nothing

CWD shows up and it's all they worry about.

With CWD you at least know what you're up against. Still no clear answers as to what has turkeys declining throughout the southeastern states.

volsrock

AlabamaSwamper":1lafdhuf said:
Blows my mind how we've lost 75% of the turkeys in Wayne county in the last 10 years and we hear basically nothing

CWD shows up and it's all they worry about.

Amen!!! Funny thing is if u own chicken houses in southern lawerence,wayne,or hardin co u are forbid to have any thing to do with the wild turkey or u loose ur contract with said company!!!! No turkey hunting or handling wild turkey!!!!! im not a smart man BUT!!

Latest posts