Shock collar training?

AlabamaSwamper

Just exactly what do you need to know?

Three rules to go by will serve you well.

1: Don't over use them for small things.

2: Don't over use them for small things.

3: Have no mercy with trash running. It's got a high setting, use it! Bumping them on trash is useless. Make them feel pain and let it be pain they'll remember.

turkeyhunter

what about age of dog? My pups are 7months old. They have ran deer one time. I got lucky and caught them quickly and beat them with my fist. Now i have the e collars on when i take them out. Luckly they havent ran a deer since. One did get up in front of them as they where running a rabbit, they did not pay attention to the deer. I had the collar remote ready but dogs didnt offer. Maybe whipping helped idk. But some have warned me not to shock to early.

TeamMainStreet

Tri Tronics G3 EXP with the tone feature. Gradually condition them to return to you while using the tone feature and they will return on command most every time. You will have to use it in conjunction with a little juice to start with to get them to understand what the tone means but once they figure it out you usually wont have to tickle them any when toning trying to get them in.

buck man

TeamMainStreet said:
Tri Tronics G3 EXP with the tone feature. Gradually condition them to return to you while using the tone feature and they will return on command most every time. You will have to use it in conjunction with a little juice to start with to get them to understand what the tone means but once they figure it out you usually wont have to tickle them any when toning trying to get them in.

Thanks- that makes too much sense!

TeamMainStreet

buck man said:
TeamMainStreet said:

Thanks- that makes too much sense!

I thought it made perfect sense. Maybe just stick with hollering at him then. :laugh:

A

Anonymous

turkeyhunter said:
what about age of dog? My pups are 7months old. They have ran deer one time. I got lucky and caught them quickly and beat them with my fist. Now i have the e collars on when i take them out. Luckly they havent ran a deer since. One did get up in front of them as they where running a rabbit, they did not pay attention to the deer. I had the collar remote ready but dogs didnt offer. Maybe whipping helped idk. But some have warned me not to shock to early.
I woudnt mind the pups running deer for now...you shock them now and they WILL stay under your feet all day !!!!! Show them what u want to them to run a couple times and then use the shocker or tone.
I have the TT G3 and use the tone more than shock, Anybody can ruin a good dog easy with these

Latest posts