Screening Adjacent to Neighborhood?

TNTreeman

Try and stay away from Leland cypress. They need well drained soil and are susceptible to a canker that eventually kills them. They also tend to be shallow rooted and fall over . I'm a big fan of GG arbs. If you can, use a couple of different species and stagger them, not in a straight line. I like GG and Nelly R Steven hollies. Looks great and the diversity of plants gives you a better chance of success.

CATCHDAWG

@LanceS4803 This is what you want to plant, it'll grow anywhere and matures in three years in halfway decent soil. It's called Elaeagnus. There's a few different varieties but all basically the same. Cheap and available at most nurseries. I snapped this pic while out working today. I have 300ft of them at home so thick the wind don't blow through.
F212A034-58A8-436C-AD7D-0F94BB1A2B5A.png

Mag

2-Step Enabled
A lot of good suggestions around Arbs and Cypress but how fast do you want a solid screen? We decided to use a combination of both as natural screens around our property and they've grown in well but takes time. I think the Arbs were 6' when planted about six years ago and are probably 20' now. And, like everything else, the prices have exploded. My first thought about a fast and thick screen was Bamboo but it could get out of control quick.

Biggun4214

@LanceS4803 This is what you want to plant, it'll grow anywhere and matures in three years in halfway decent soil. It's called Elaeagnus. There's a few different varieties but all basically the same. Cheap and available at most nurseries. I snapped this pic while out working today. I have 300ft of them at home so thick the wind don't blow through.
View attachment 219286
Autumn olive is in this family and can become invasive. It has small red fruit that people make jelly from that tastes similar to apple. Lots of birds and mammals eat the fruit too.