Retay Masia Mara 20 gauge turkey

deerfever

I believe I'd be keeping this one. Congrats on the shooter! 585 w/Apex Ninja.
I have heard nothing but good about Apex but I have never had the opportunity to buy any. I assume you have to order it or get it at the convention which I never attend. I had called Carlson's because I use their 575 in my other guns. They have a 565 or 580 for these threads but I believe I will just stick with that factory 585 for now.

Bell3wv

I have to stay out of my local gun store! I handled this gun an ended up getting it, drilled/tapped 22 inch barrel . I had two of the same brand of a gun that guys had try to buy off of me so I actually did sell a gun. Lol. I am going to try the factory 585 choke tube it came with first but just wondering if anyone has this gun and any recommendations on choke tubes/set up. Thanks!
That's a fine looking gun. I've not handled one. What's the quality like? You said you had a couple more...any complaints or concerns with them?

deerfever

That's a fine looking gun. I've not handled one. What's the quality like? You said you had a couple more...any complaints or concerns with them?
Quality is very good on the gun, I do not have a couple of them , this is the first Retay I have ever owned. I had a couple Stoeger 3020 and sold one of those. The bolt system from all my reading is similar to Benelli but made so no click can ever take place. The whole trigger system removes in a matter seconds with a push button system which requires no pins be removed. I am sure that's not a big deal to some but easily cleaned at home or in the field. The feel , fit and finish certainly got my attention and obviously the most important part as how does it shoot - I am well satisfied! Overall I really like it and the two gun stores I have seen them in had other brands but had nothing bad at all to say about the guns and said they couldn't keep them in stock (of course that is common nowadays).

Last edited:
I have to stay out of my local gun store! I handled this gun an ended up getting it, drilled/tapped 22 inch barrel . I had two of the same brand of a gun that guys had try to buy off of me so I actually did sell a gun. Lol. I am going to try the factory 585 choke tube it came with first but just wondering if anyone has this gun and any recommendations on choke tubes/set up. Thanks!
I just bought one also. I haven't tried the full choke that came with it. Retay doesn't make a full Turkey or xtra full for the 20 gauge. I bought a Carlson LongBeard XR .568 for a Benelli Crio or Crio Plus. That's all that I can find that will fit this gun. I am very pleased with my patterns shooting LongBeard XR number 5 at 35 yards. It definitely is a nice looking gun.

Bell3wv

Quality is very good on the gun, I do not have a couple of them , this is the first Retay I have ever owned. I had a couple Stoeger 3020 and sold one of those. The bolt system from all my reading is similar to Benelli but made so no click can ever take place. The whole trigger system removes in a matter seconds with a push button system which requires no pins be removed. I am sure that's not a big deal to some but easily cleaned at home or in the field. The feel , fit and finish certainly got my attention and obviously the most important part as how does it shoot - I am well satisfied! Overall I really like it and the two gun stores I have seen them in had other brands but had nothing bad at all to say about the guns and said they couldn't keep them in stock (of course that is common nowadays).
Thanks for the review!

Latest posts