Retay Gordion

bowhunterfanatic

This probably belongs in the gun forum but I figure it will get more views here. Finally got around to sighting in and patterning my new Retay Gordion 20 gauge last night. While I'm thrilled with the pattern it shot the trigger is horrendously bad. It's too heavy and has what felt like a minimum of 3/4 inch of travel before breaking. It's bad enough I know that it'll result in me missing a bird at some point. I've done some google searches and haven't come up with a solution to fix it. Anyone know of an aftermarket trigger I can put in it? Or a gunsmith I can send it to after season to have it worked on? TIA

REN

This probably belongs in the gun forum but I figure it will get more views here. Finally got around to sighting in and patterning my new Retay Gordion 20 gauge last night. While I'm thrilled with the pattern it shot the trigger is horrendously bad. It's too heavy and has what felt like a minimum of 3/4 inch of travel before breaking. It's bad enough I know that it'll result in me missing a bird at some point. I've done some google searches and haven't come up with a solution to fix it. Anyone know of an aftermarket trigger I can put in it? Or a gunsmith I can send it to after season to have it worked on? TIA

2 easiest options.

1. Rob Roberts in AR offers a full trigger work option for I think around $100
2. See if you can find out what aftermarket tigger/hammer springs interchange with them (Benelli might) and do that first. Its the cheapest option and it will help a good bit. I change the factory springs to wolff spring kits in ALL my benellis and made a noticeable difference)

Outside of spring changes you will need to take it to a gunsmith. Rob Roberts does an amazing job but its obviously more expensive and his turn around time at the moment I assume is long.

Latest posts