Rain

Physiksgeek

I do think CC.....Went to this field Sunday and found 14 or so pieces between a friend and myself. We had just been fishing and kayaking all day.... the hunting was hard and we were both tired. We commented that what we needed was a good rain to wash things off and make that flint shine. Called my partner Monday once the rain set in and told him to meet me there...he had to finish a job so I took a half-day and went back Wednesday by myself.

in situ....

october24TimberRidgeRoad015-1.jpg

A hard days work....

october24TimberRidgeRoad018.jpg

Some of the better pieces....

october24TimberRidgeRoad023.jpg

I have hundreds of pieces that I have found through the years....It would be safe to say that somewhere close to 30% have come from this field and the surrounding area. It is also safe to say that less than 5% of those are "display" quality. That being said you can't beat it for curing what ails you!

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
My goodness you found them didn't ya?

^5 man.

I see your from Clarksville not sure where at but you even hunt the creeks between Montgomery Co and Dickson co?

Physiksgeek

CC, Not all of that pile was worked pieces, I tend to keep everything until my pouch fills up or I become more selective as I get tired of bending over and investigating whether every piece of flint is somethng to keep. Out of that pile I probably got 30+ confirmed pieces and my pond got the rest...:). I do hunt the creeks....just not as lucky for me as it is for most. Too much going on for my brain I guess?

Latest posts