Quick Limit

bowhunterfanatic

Hunted a small hillside this morning that hasn't produced much action the last couple years. It's loaded with scalybarks but for some reason it just wasn't loaded with squirrels the last 2 years. It didn't take me long at all this morning to get in them. There are 4 or 5 hickories in a little half acre spot at the base of the hill and squirrels were coming and going from them everywhere. I killed 4 in that little area before 7:00. When number 4 fell I started working my way up the ridge and it didn't take long to find more squirrels. I stood under the same scalybark for close to 30 minutes before I finally got a shot at number 5. I watched one run out of that scalybark after picking up number 5 and gave chase. He ended up chasing his buddy around in a small sapling and as luck would have it they both stopped on my side of the tree long enough for me to kill them both. I went straight back to the tree I had stood under earlier and finally spotted the one I'd been looking fornthe whole time. I knocked him out and decided to start easing back down the ridge. I didn't go maybe 50 yards and found a tall, skinny hickory that was absolutely loaded. I have no idea how many squirrels were in it but there was a bunch. It didn't take me but just a minute to get a clear shot at a couple more and finish my limit. The last one went in my vest at 8:15. It was my first hunt with the CZ 457 I picked up off of TNRifleman. It performed much better than the person shooting it. I clean missed one squirrel that moved right as I pulled the trigger and lost one other that I actually hit twice. I'll sight it in with different ammo before taking it to the woods again. Hopefully I can get in 4-5 more hunts like this before season ends. Sorry for the poor picture quality. I was in a big hurry to get to work.

Levee Jumper

Very Nice Shooting. Congrats! I killed about 50 in the past week or so, but none with a rifle. Well done.

Latest posts