Question!

BamaFaninTN

I have been turkey hunting for 3 years now and i want to invest in a good solid turkey gun but not looking to spend $1000 either.. 500 and less would be perfect. I am also left handed. Any advice or suggestions?

MemphisBob

Speaking as a lefty, I generally find the cheaper, more basic models more left friendly. Shotguns are easy to deal with anyway because you never really see Monte Carlo cheekpieces and ejection almost never bites you on them.

strutandrut

Remember though...

There is a reason I call my Mossberg a "Slapberg". It kicks like a mule but it will reach out and touch a toikey if you find the right load/shell it likes. :)

BamaFaninTN

thats what i have now is a bps.. but it was my duck hunting gun and only shoots 3's .. looking for something cheaper that a browning though so i may just either order a left handed remington or go with the mossberg

tntaxidermist

3 inch shells are plenty for turkeys. I shoot a Winchester 1300 with 3 inch #5 shells. I have put it up against many Moss. 835 and usually out patterns them. Most turkey guns out there will work, you just have to find the right shell and shot # that performs with the gun.

cruff10

use what you got!!!! 3" is all I use now...I rolled 3 turkeys last year at shots from 50 yards, 45 yards and 30 yards...

and btw...I have a Benelli Nova.... and I have shot 3.5s but don't see the extra benefit for the extra kick!!!!

Latest posts