Pheasants in TN

19_A_CPT

Had a fun little outing the other day in Camden, TN with Branching Out Gamebirds. Four of us went and hunted with them. Although it wasn't an authentic Kansas or South Dakota hunt, it was fun nonetheless.

If anybody is interested in going on one of their hunts, feel free to PM me or visit their website at BranchingOutGamebirds.com.

We will go back in the fall / early winter and I plan to take my 13 year old.

yellalinehunter

Man that is a fun itch to scratch! I've only hunted wild birds but have been toying with the idea of a preserve hunt. I'll definitely check them out.

DeerCamp

Had a fun little outing the other day in Camden, TN with Branching Out Gamebirds. Four of us went and hunted with them. Although it wasn't an authentic Kansas or South Dakota hunt, it was fun nonetheless.

If anybody is interested in going on one of their hunts, feel free to PM me or visit their website at BranchingOutGamebirds.com.

We will go back in the fall / early winter and I plan to take my 13 year old.
Be nice if they posted their price. I hate the "call for pricing" shtick.

19_A_CPT

1712325839334.png

megalomaniac

Most 'authentic' KS and SD hunts are penned raised and released birds now.

Have a buddy in SD. He owns 800ac of prime pheasant habitat. They shoot their place every other year and have great 'authentic' hunts. But in the off years, he's a member of a club that hunts/shoots penned raised birds on a club.

AT Hiker

Most 'authentic' KS and SD hunts are penned raised and released birds now.

Have a buddy in SD. He owns 800ac of prime pheasant habitat. They shoot their place every other year and have great 'authentic' hunts. But in the off years, he's a member of a club that hunts/shoots penned raised birds on a club.
Wyoming releases pen birds on WMAs.

I'm waiting for turkey hunting to go that route.

Lt.Dan

The DEC used to release pheasants in NY. A small population would hold over and you would get "wild" birds every once in a while. I never actually shot a pheasant but had one bust out on me while grouse hunting. I sure wish I would have got it. I bet that would have tasted good.

Latest posts