Paint the Prairie Red

Buzzard Breath

AT Hiker":3tsewoqq said:
Most excellent write up and equally awesome pictures! Congrats on a archery Antelope...hopefully your bow luck carries over to those little Coues deer[emoji6]

What about the temperatures, appeared to be nice camping weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The weather was nice. 30's & 40's at night, 60's & 70's during the day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Buzzard Breath

tn24":2hm6mufn said:
Congratulations. Really liked the story and pics. Were you satisfied with the Rage broadhead?
I liked them and they opened up a huge hole. I'll probably use them on my coues hunt this January. My only complaint was that the pointed tip on almost all the broadheads had some burrs on the edges that I had to file down and sharpen. I had 3 packs, 2 were bought at Walmart when they put them on clearance, I'm not real sure where I bought the 3rd pack, but it wasn't Walmart. I usually deer hunt locally with a recurve so I'll be switching back to low profile cut on contact broadheads for the next couple months.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CATCHDAWG

Wow! What a story man, that was great! I wasn't even halfway through before I knew a fly rod was gonna be involved at some point lol. Congrats on a awesome trip and thanks for taking us along! :super:

Buzzard Breath

CATCHDAWG":20y3cfdi said:
Wow! What a story man, that was great! I wasn't even halfway through before I knew a fly rod was gonna be involved at some point lol. Congrats on a awesome trip and thanks for taking us along! :super:

That flyrod has doomed many western trips. It seems like everytime I take it, I return home with an empty cooler; even if the flyrod never left the vehicle. After this trip, I'm starting to think it might not be the fishing pole. I'll shoot you a PM with a link to the trip report of the fishing side of the trip.

bigtex

Congrats BB!! Thanks for taking us along on an exciting adventure!
And WOW, what a blood trail! I think I could follow that blindfolded.
Makes me want to go back................

Shanman

Fantastic story and hunt, sounds like you picked the right area for sure. Truly enjoyed your write up, thanks for taking the time to share.