Nice one from last year shows back up

woodchuckc

I checked my cameras the other day and got these pictures of a very nice mature buck - look at the neck on this dude!

PICT1a22.jpg

PICT1a23.jpg

PICT1a24.jpg

I did not have any other pictures from earlier in the year that I could definitely identify as being him (that sticker on his left G2 is pretty unique), but I knew that I had gotten a picture of a similar buck before. I looked back through last year's pictures and sure enough, I think this is the same deer still in velvet from September of 2009 at the same salt lick:

PIC_0382.jpg

Assuming it is the same buck, he added some mass and length to his rack, but he sure bulked up his body and neck in a year's time! I know, there will be a big difference in neck size especially from early September to mid-December, but even given that he sure put on some serious poundage over the year. I would guess he's 4 1/2 now, so it will be interesting to see if he shows back up on camera this summer / fall. I don't hold out any real hopes of ever seeing him while hunting this weekend or next season, but it is kind of cool to know that he is out there somewhere! :)

woodchuckc

cdbuckman said:
Which wild game camera is that?
It's the IR4. I bought two of them back in the summer; this one has been great (super battery life, very good daytime pics, o.k. nighttime pics, good sensing) but the other one not so much so. In fact, the 3rd replacement of that original camera is going back (the SD memory card will not lock into place). So like most cams it is the luck of the draw as to whether you get a "good" one or not.

The only thing I DO NOT like about the IR4 is that there is no burst mode - all my other cams are set to take a 3 pic burst when triggered.

Latest posts