Livescope problems..... tip of the day

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
So I had about 1 1/2 hours to fish yesterday afternoon.
Of course the wind was blowing double at the lake than it was at my house, but that is typical.
I was in a hurry and honestly excited to make my second trip with the livescope.
I got launched and put my transducer rig on and started looking.
Wind was whooping pretty good and nothing looked "right" on my screen.

I messed with my settings and was frustrated as crap.
NOTHING looked right. Nothing looked like it did the last trip.
TONS of "garbage" on the screen, couldn't make heads or tails of anything and definitely couldn't see any fish.

I was to the point that I decided I must have hit it or something and trashed the transducer or something. I was very sad to say the least.

Again, like I said, I was in a hurry to get on the water and get started......

RUGER's tip of the day......

Make sure you lower your transducer INTO the water before you start looking around on the screen. :mad: :rolleyes:

Anyway, took me about 30 minutes to find a school.
Started playing the video game.
Caught about 15-20, all short but it was a good learning trip. :D

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I would make fun of you for being a doofus, but my last trip of 2021 I went to move spots, plopped down in the driver's seat, hammered down on the Yammyhammer 175, and water immediately started spraying everywhere. I had left my $3k Garmin Force trolling motor deployed in the water.
LOL buddy of mine did that with me in the boat one time.
It doesn't take you long to realize you messed up, that's for sure. :D

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Any tips for today @RUGER? ;)
Livescope rocks!
DEC2F503-BB51-4173-81B3-D22F002BF5DC.jpeg
36C09088-C60A-420A-B024-FBBDE1BA9BB6.jpeg

11 in about an hour

Last edited:

gasman

I would make fun of you for being a doofus, but my last trip of 2021 I went to move spots, plopped down in the driver's seat, hammered down on the Yammyhammer 175, and water immediately started spraying everywhere. I had left my $3k Garmin Force trolling motor deployed in the water.
I've never done such stoopidness. Never.

Spurhunter

hopefully we wont here "make sure your 93sv is locked in the cradle" or "garmin doesnt repair display screens". fyi, a 93sv do will float for a little while.
I have 3 Garmin Echomap Plus 93sv units. Nobody snaps them in but me. I let someone else snap them in once. I hit a wave and one came tumbling across the front deck. Luckily we caught it.

Latest posts