Hunting Gear You Really Miss

utvolsfan77

I bought a gorilla harness from a member here. It got stole off my porch many years ago, wish I had another. It was so much more comfortable than the hss I have
Do you remember what model it was? Did it have buckles like auto seat belts do? I still have one of those and I believe it was a Gorilla Model G30. I hardly ever use it anymore because if you carried it in, it would make a lot of noise from the buckles banging against each other.

Jcalder

Do you remember what model it was? Did it have buckles like auto seat belts do? I still have one of those and I believe it was a Gorilla Model G30. I hardly ever use it anymore because if you carried it in, it would make a lot of noise from the buckles banging against each other.
I was a g something, but I don't remember it having car seat buckles.

archer19

Cabelas Legacy fleece W/ wind shear
Loc -on High Style treestand
API Al-700 Predator treestand -got 7 of them

Crosshairy

The original lifetime merino wool socks from Bass Pro. They still sell them now, but they downgraded the quality and thickness compared to the original ones I bought (as of last year - I haven't checked what's on the shelves this year but assume it's the same).

Fortunately, I own 4 or 5 pairs of the original ones that are still in pretty good condition.

14deerhunter

For me, one thing I'm constantly reminded of during season is how much I miss Gorilla Tree Stands. I have several, and wish I had many more. They were great stands for the money and I was very sad when they went away.

Not many moderately priced stands these days…River's Edge are ok, and I will buy more, but I prefer Gorillas.

It's nice to have options between bargain bin junk & super high end "Mobile hunting " choices.
I love gorilla tree stands I actually bought one off a guy brand new for 40 bucks on Facebook market place xop are decent to but my main is a gorilla

Mag

2-Step Enabled
Didn't need it very often but I used to have a fleece neck gator that was camo on one side and blaze on the other. I have absolutely no clue where it disappeared to but it is gone. Haven't been able to find another one like it. Some are close but not the same.

Planking

VT-VR-1399_3.jpg

Planking

Didn't need it very often but I used to have a fleece neck gator that was camo on one side and blaze on the other. I have absolutely no clue where it disappeared to but it is gone. Haven't been able to find another one like it. Some are close but not the same.
I have a Remington fleece neck gator that i would probably quit hunting if i ever lost it.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
I bought a gorilla harness from a member here. It got stole off my porch many years ago, wish I had another. It was so much more comfortable than the hss I have
I have a gorilla harness i will give you if its like the one you had!! I bought it a few years back anmd never used it. PM ME

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
This is Cabelas's Whitetail Clothing line. Wool and goretex. Parents bought it for me for Christmas when I was in college so sometime from 1991-94. It has to be below 30 for me to wear it.
View attachment 159751
I have a whitetail extreme parka (1999-2000ish) I believe it is. One of the best jackets I've ever had for cold weather. I can remember wearing it with a t-shirt while riding my 4 wheeler in sub 30 degree weather

ttf909

Lost my entire camo collection out of my tailgate last year. In 2008 lost a pair of uninsulated coveralls , best boots ever . Hadn't been able to replace the stuff. Just not the same.

rifle02

I miss the old Baker climbing stands. There is nothing as exciting as going 20 feet down a tree in about half a second when the stand didn't properly bite into the tree. And for those about to tell me I should have had on a safety harness, we didn't know what those were 40 years ago.
Exactly- I remember borrowing one in the early '80s and it scared me to death and I was thinking I wish someone would invent something to tie me to the tree!

tdt5446

For me, one thing I'm constantly reminded of during season is how much I miss Gorilla Tree Stands. I have several, and wish I had many more. They were great stands for the money and I was very sad when they went away.

Not many moderately priced stands these days…River's Edge are ok, and I will buy more, but I prefer Gorillas.

It's nice to have options between bargain bin junk & super high end "Mobile hunting " choices.
I have a couple of gorilla stands that will never be used, if you are interested pm me!

Latest posts