Gobbling?

elknturkey

Been gobbling on the limb. Some are hearing more than others. I heard 2 yesterday and one gobbled twice and the other gobbled once. Buddy heard 2 gobble about 30 times

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I heard a couple gobbling Sunday afternoon, which was surprising I normally don't hear much afternoon gobbling.

Spurhunter

I'm loading the truck and hooking up to the camper as we speak headed to MS this evening. Hope this spring like weather has them hammering in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

spoon

Spurhunter":2t3xmd05 said:
I'm loading the truck and hooking up to the camper as we speak headed to MS this evening. Hope this spring like weather has them hammering in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Good luck! I'm heading southeast of Jackson Monday

th88

Heard a couple roost gobbles the past week in far north MS. A few mornings with no gobbles. A couple shock gobbles on the ground. Had one mixed flock with multiple gobblers fire off several times on the ground last Sunday morning...The best morning we've had the past week.

deerfever

They are letting it rip this morning! One of them may choke to death on his gobbles! Heard 3 different birds! The hens have them stirred up big time. Come on juvenile hunt!

Andy S.

deerfever":yp8k5coc said:
They are letting it rip this morning! One of them may choke to death on his gobbles! Heard 3 different birds! The hens have them stirred up big time. Come on juvenile hunt!
I'm not surprised. 36, clear and crisp here in SW TN this morning. I was thinking they would gobble good today with it being cool and the sun coming up. I expect the same the next few mornings.

Andy S.

elknturkey":xudmtdz8 said:
They hammered this morning.
I bet. This high pressure that is over us is dominating the weather pattern, and resulting in my favorite weather to turkey hunt in. I can only dream that SOME of the first few weeks will be like the weather yesterday, today and the first half of this week. Cool, crisp, bluebird skies, little to no wind, just perfect all the way around. Thanks for the report.

elknturkey

Andy S.":2bzhijss said:
elknturkey":2bzhijss said:
I bet. This high pressure that is over us is dominating the weather pattern, and resulting in my favorite weather to turkey hunt in. I can only dream that SOME of the first few weeks will be like the weather yesterday, today and the first half of this week. Cool, crisp, bluebird skies, little to no wind, just perfect all the way around. Thanks for the report.
With all the rain we've had the past 14 months I'm hoping the spring is a little dry. This week could be our first full dry week since the fourth of July week.

Andy S.

elknturkey":264iefrp said:
Andy S.":264iefrp said:
elknturkey":264iefrp said:
With all the rain we've had the past 14 months I'm hoping the spring is a little dry. This week could be our first full dry week since the fourth of July week.
I know what you mean. It has been raining here in SW TN since October. EVERYONE is sick of the rain at the moment.