Favorite skinning knife

Dbllunger

Buck crosslock.

Same. I just picked this one up two weeks ago from a member in the classifieds. I'm keeping it as a backup to the one I got 25 years ago.

20211223_085723.jpg

TnTurk

Like most, I have or tried lot of knives but the one I grab now is the Cold Steel Roach Belly. Good stainless steel that I can get hair popping sharp with just a ceramic rod. Cheap too.

megalomaniac

NOTE...

you CAN resharpen the havalon #60 scalpel blades, and they will sharpen back up in just a handful of strokes. I will usually go through 5 or 6 deer with one blade before I finally pitch it. I've done 8 so far this year with the same blade so far. In fact, I actually prefer one that isn't straight out of the package... it's almost TOO sharp when brand new.

DoubleRidge

Like most, I have or tried lot of knives but the one I grab now is the Cold Steel Roach Belly. Good stainless steel that I can get hair popping sharp with just a ceramic rod. Cheap too.

Roach Belly is a great deal on a sharp knife....never skinned with it but no doubt it would get the job done.

DoubleRidge

NOTE...

you CAN resharpen the havalon #60 scalpel blades, and they will sharpen back up in just a handful of strokes. I will usually go through 5 or 6 deer with one blade before I finally pitch it. I've done 8 so far this year with the same blade so far. In fact, I actually prefer one that isn't straight out of the package... it's almost TOO sharp when brand new.

I've resharpened the replaceable blades on the outdoor edge knife too....works fine.