Favorite skinning knife

Dbllunger

Buck crosslock.

Same. I just picked this one up two weeks ago from a member in the classifieds. I'm keeping it as a backup to the one I got 25 years ago.

20211223_085723.jpg

TnTurk

Like most, I have or tried lot of knives but the one I grab now is the Cold Steel Roach Belly. Good stainless steel that I can get hair popping sharp with just a ceramic rod. Cheap too.

megalomaniac

NOTE...

you CAN resharpen the havalon #60 scalpel blades, and they will sharpen back up in just a handful of strokes. I will usually go through 5 or 6 deer with one blade before I finally pitch it. I've done 8 so far this year with the same blade so far. In fact, I actually prefer one that isn't straight out of the package... it's almost TOO sharp when brand new.

DoubleRidge

Like most, I have or tried lot of knives but the one I grab now is the Cold Steel Roach Belly. Good stainless steel that I can get hair popping sharp with just a ceramic rod. Cheap too.

Roach Belly is a great deal on a sharp knife....never skinned with it but no doubt it would get the job done.

DoubleRidge

NOTE...

you CAN resharpen the havalon #60 scalpel blades, and they will sharpen back up in just a handful of strokes. I will usually go through 5 or 6 deer with one blade before I finally pitch it. I've done 8 so far this year with the same blade so far. In fact, I actually prefer one that isn't straight out of the package... it's almost TOO sharp when brand new.

I've resharpened the replaceable blades on the outdoor edge knife too....works fine.

Latest posts